Your car is your freedom. So whatever roads your free spirit takes you down, protect yourself, your car and others along the way. We'll help you get the best auto insurance coverage at the best value from our national carriers.
Your car is a significant financial investment. We'll help you protect it with:
May pay for damage to your car, less any deductible, caused by things other than collision or upset (fire, theft or glass breakage, for example).
Comprehensive covers all direct and accidental loss to a covered auto or an auto damaged by an insured, including its equipment, which is not caused by collision or upset. Other motor vehicles or trailers may also be covered. Coverage usually includes damage from:
- Contact with a bird or animal
- Falling or flying objects
- Theft or larceny
- Hail, water or flood
- Malicious mischief or vandalism
- Riot or civil commotion
- Breakage of glass
- Explosion or earthquake
Glass breakage may be covered under Comprehensive, even if caused by a collision or upset. If the policyholder has a "chip" in the windshield and elects to have it repaired instead of replaced, the deductible may be waived.
May pay for damage to your car, less any deductible, caused by collision with another car or object or by upset.
Collision coverage provides protection for damage caused by collision or upset. Collisions include an auto hitting
such things as:
- Another vehicle
- An object (such as a telephone pole, fence, or building)
- A parked car
Broken glass is usually covered under this section of the policy if there is no comprehensive coverage in force.
Towing and Labor Coverage: An optional coverage for additional premium
May pay a limited amount for towing and/or labor to repair your disabled car at the place of disablement. Provides 24-hour toll-free assistance for common problems such as running out of gas, flat tires, dead batteries and lost or locked keys.
Gap Insurance protects your vehicle's loan. If your vehicle is totaled for any reason the value that your insurance company places on it may be less that its actual retail value - and often considerably less than the actual amount you still owe on your loan. Gap insurance covers the difference between what you owe, compared to what the vehicle is worth, and it also pays your regular insurance deductible.
Rental reimbursement insurance pays a small amount toward renting a car while your car is being repaired as a result of an accident.
Protect yourself, friends and family members traveling with you in your vehicle, as well as others you make accidentally encounter along the way.
Medical Expense Coverage
May pay for certain expenses sustained by you or others while occupying your car, regardless of who is at fault.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
May pay for hospital costs, other medical expenses, and pain and suffering for bodily injury to you and others in your car, when injury is caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Personal Injury Protection (No-Fault)
Available in many states, the basic requirements under each state's No-Fault Law are available as well as additional benefit amounts. Contact us toll-free, or contact your local agent to get the specific information relevant in your area.
Auto Liability Coverage
May protect you in the event that you unintentionally damage somebody else's property or unintentionally cause injury to another.
Property Damage Liability Coverage
May pay claims if you are responsible for damage to someone else's car or property.
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
May pay when you are responsible for injury to others, including your legal defense costs.*
*Whether you get legal defense or not depends on the type of policy you carry. You may not be eligible for legal defense if you have a bond (offered only in Ohio).
For the most complete protection, these coverages offer you extra security and peace of mind.
There may also be coverage for an insured's or relative's clothing or luggage that is damaged in an auto due to a Comprehensive or Collision loss.
In case of theft of an insured auto, the following items may be covered:
- Stolen clothing or luggage left in the auto
- Repayment of travel costs beginning 48 hours after the stolen auto is reported to the police and to your insurer. Travel costs can include car rental, train, bus, or taxi fares. Note maximum limits.
If the auto is disabled as the result of a covered loss, your insurer may repay the insured for travel costs from the point of disablement to his/her destination. Maximum amounts may apply. This could include bus fare, taxi fare, etc.
Brightway Insurance shops the national carriers to bring you the best coverages at the best rates. And you can lower your premiums further with these special discounts if you qualify:
New Auto Discounts
New policyholders can save as much as 10%* when every insured driver in the household has a clean driving record for the previous five-year period.* Driving records must be accident- and violation free.*
- Have both your automobile and homeowner’s insurance with Brightway
- Have more than one personal vehicle insured with Brightway
- Have a vehicle that is equipped with full front-seat air bags and/or is equipped with occupant restraint systems that automatically deploy when your vehicle doors are closed
- Have your auto insurance with Brightway continually for five years or longer
- Are a student with a B or 3.0 or better grade average
- Have installed an anti-theft device in your automobile (The availability and the size of this discount are contingent upon both the location of the garaging address and the type of anti-theft device installed.)
- Own a home and can show proof of ownership. The home does not have to be covered by Brightway
- Own a vehicle with an anti-lock braking system
- Carry a Brightway life, health or annuity policy
- Have at least five years of driving experience and are free of chargeable accidents for the last five years
- Have successfully completed a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course approved by your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (sometimes within a particular time frame)
*The availability, amount and eligibility for discounts may vary by state.